Sunday, March 5, 2017

Mental attitudes

I have told EVERY Doctor I have seen, since not long after I started this blog, that weight and diet is NOT my blood pressure problem. It's Stress! 

I'm hoping that the following will help the latest medico believe me and that if I happen to have the misfortune to deal with Centrelink, as I did shortly before my first and only visit to him so far when my BP was in orbit, he will keep that in mind and not try to raise my medication dosage or disagree with me if I have decided to have an undetermined period of not taking meds.

Awake about 5 mins, haven't had a morning stretch yet, and needing to visit the water closet.
After emptying my bladder and sitting quietly waiting for my morning cuppa
After PC gave me a neck and back rub as my muscles were stiff


Huge difference over 43 minutes, and prompted by the simple thought that I wanted to do my reading quickly, before I started moving about and thinking about what had to be done ......and raised my blood pressure. Blood pressure levels are mind over matter, as far as I am concerned, and if I don't mind about something it doesn't matter because it won't affect the numbers.

Roflol, think I'll ask PC to give me a backrub before each visit to the Doc as the Doc is already trying to figure out how I can have levels over 200/110, still be upright and walking, feel physically fine and not be in hospital. Going the other way abruptly may really put him in a headspin! Diastolic is still too high though.

Cheers,
RobynLouise XO

2 comments:

  1. Diastolic is probably the most important one Robyn as this is the resting pressure between heart beats. That level of ambient pressure is not....well, you know. This is exactly what my blood pressure readings are like - and it is indeed stress and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MrHM, only a couple of teaspoons of sugar a day here as I use stevia, check products before purchasing as PC is pre-diabetic, and also drink lots of water to flush my system.

      Delete