Saturday, August 9, 2014

Food Review

I had crumpets with avocado and honey this morning for breakfast. It started me thinking on what I have eaten since arriving home and I realised it's been a lot of items that supposedly contain more Omega 3 fats and cholesterol lowering foods. Leafy green vegetables, lots of cauliflower in the minestrone, oatmeal with fruit and nuts - especially walnuts and almonds, canned fish, stuffed olives. Makes me wonder if the meat I was eating in Sydney was originally from a cattle feedlot and that's why it was making me feel ill. I do know it was bought from Coles and I mostly buy meat from Aldi or the local IGA, which sells meat packed by the local butcher who buys the beasts from the local farmers. Nothing wrong with meat as a partial source of the Omega 3 fats - as long as it's from pastured beasts who are grazing on a variety of plants. I still don't feel like eating red meat.

I'm having boiled eggs for lunch. SO's free range eggs taste much better than the Aldi eggs, and keep longer too, and I've seen the variety of plants they have access to. Another Omega 3 food :).

My mission until I have the CTCA scan is to return to the type of diet I had Nov/Dec 2013 and try to do a similar amount of exercise to what I was doing then. I physically felt the best I had in years, my bp was 125/78 (with the aid of the same meds I am taking now) and I managed to sail through the worst situations - mentally and financially - because I felt good in myself and could calmly figure out the best options without stressing about what I couldn't change.

Cheers,
Robyn xo


No comments:

Post a Comment