Monday, June 13, 2011

Not gaining....

....but not losing either.
I visited the doctor for some blood tests last Thursday and he ran me through the usual checkup as I haven't needed to see him for a while. My weight is still the same as it was before my scales broke, heart rate was 130/80 but he'd just taken blood, and that increases the rate a bit(!), and my general health is good.
I've started dancing when no one is home....because they laugh at me. Very supportive family huh?
I've swapped  fresh vege salad for vege soups as I'm not much of a salad eater in winter but I am snacking on carrots/celery etc and I have tuna/sardine and salad sandwiches for lunch a few times a week.
I've been naughty in that I've stopped keeping my food consumption diary but after the first few months of healthy eating I fell into a habit of compensating by eating lots of fresh, low energy food after binging on fried chips/chocolate as the 'bad' foods made me feel a bit queasy/bloated and I couldn't stomach anything fatty/greasy for a week or so. Even with the comfort foods (desserts) I’m only having a serving half the size of what I used to as the sugar content makes it taste too sweet. I’m preferring fresh fruit and low fat natural yoghurt as a dessert instead of ice cream and jelly. Cakes are a bit of a trap though. Strange how your body adapts to healthy eating after a while.
DH and DD are becoming used to the reduced/fat free foods like the cheese and don’t notice now if I serve them ‘my’ foods because we’ve run out of the ‘normal’ foods! DH is naturally slim so he can eat whatever he wants L.
Hoping all my friends in Australia are eating healthy over Winter as it’s so easy to ‘fall off the cart’ in the cold weather.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robyn,
    Your diet sounds pretty good to me! I also like the sound of dancing - a fun way to just keep moving eh!!
    I find it hard to eat fruit in winter, but we have heaps of vegies - especially soups which I enjoy making.
    You're right about it being easy to fall off the cart ;-)

    ReplyDelete