Thursday, February 10, 2011

Anniversary

I realised this morning that I've been trying my lifestyle change for exactly 4 months today and I'm still at the weight I was when I started with a few up/downs along the way :(.

There are some positive do's - I do drink more water, I do eat healthier than I used to, I do try to not snack after tea at night
BUT
There are also some don'ts - I don't exercise as much as I should, I don't always say 'no' to treats - especially if I'm stressed/tired, I don't always have enough sleep which definitely affects my will power when it relates to the first 2 don'ts.

I had a shock about a week ago during the 35degC humid heat. I was scantily clad (that's more than enough info there :O!) one day and caught site of myself in DD's long mirror. I stopped dead and had a good long look and said to myself, "Why the H**l didn't someone tell me I looked like that!!"
It frightened the heck out of me to think that not many years ago a MUCH lesser woman had been reflected there. It disappointed me that DH is apt to torment me about my weight but never actually told me what I REALLY look like and as I'm a pretty casual dresser I don't usually look in mirrors to check how I'm dressed. That's another 'don't' that will become a 'do' as I want to see what Mother Nature gave me and watch the later extensions I've added to the original version disappear.
I do have a timeline - 21 months at the most as I want to be at 50 what I was at 25. Lean, fit and healthy. I've been doing yoga type exercises since viewing the 'shocking' mirror image and walked a few times. I can see my ankle bones again as they are not underneath all that puffy stuff, I found my chinbone and my neck looks longer as there's less 'shoulder padding' next to it.
I DO wish reductions didn't happen from the top down, though, as for a while it will look like I have a really BIG bottom half. I may have to frighten the neighbours and go swimming in the dam wearing a t-shirt and boardies to remedy this!

3 comments:

  1. I feel your frustration. Give or take a kilo either way I too weigh the same as I did when I started blogging about getting fitter, 10 weeks ago.
    I am a bit fitter but still fat. I think I need to take things up a notch.

    It sounds like you are healthier so that's a good thing.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Barb. You will be much healthier than when you started.

    One opinion is that portion sizes are a big thing to consider (pun not intended!!). Was watching Good Chef, Bad Chef and Janelle spoke about the French Paradox ... apparently French women eat absolutely everything - but, in very small portions!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I can really relate to What you are up to. 25 years ago, I was a lithe 48Kg, now I am 80kg, BMI over 30! Mind you I'm not overweight, I'm under tall.
    TrishJ

    ReplyDelete